Welcome to The German Graphic Novel, a site for German language educators who would like to incorporate authentic graphic novels into their courses.
This project was made possible by a Kutztown University Research Committee Grant and a Kutztown University Assessment Grant. The majority of the books that I discuss on this site are available from Kutztown University’s Rohrbach Library. http://www.kutztown.edu/library/indexoc.asp
Lynn M. Kutch, Ph.D., Modern Language Studies Department, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
By clicking on the tabs above you can see detailed information on contemporary German graphic novels that fit into those categories, each of which contains detailed records of current graphic novels. Entries are in the following format:
- Author Last Name, Author First Name. Title of Book. Publisher, Year of Publication, and ISBN-13.
- Sample Text: A sample dialogue or text from the first page. This information could be useful for instructors to see if the text would be suitable for their students, for example if it uses specialized language or a conversational tone.
- Summary of Text (including recommendations for language learning levels), and Description of Graphic Artwork.
- The cover and a sample page.
- A rating (following the Video Game Ratings) so that teachers and instructors can choose school and group appropriate texts.